Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sam's First Meme

Stephanie from Adventures in Babywearing very kindly tagged me with this meme recently. I’ve kind of been feeling like lately I’ve been writing way too much about me, me, me and not nearly enough about Sam, Sam, Sam though. When I saw that Jamie from All Things Avery had done this tag from her daughter’s perspective it was the perfect solution. Now I get to refocus on Sam, do the meme, and you guys don’t have to keep reading about me. So, Sam would like you to know the following things about his personality:

3 Things That Scare Me
Loud children.
The flying circus tent in Teletubbies – the one that houses the dancing bear.
When mommy makes strange noises to keep me awake in the car when we’re just a few minutes from home.

3 People That Make Me Laugh
Daddy
Mommy
Tyler & Maki (our cats)

3 Things I Love
Obstacle courses
Nummies
Figuring out something new

3 Things I Hate
When I try to escape to the place behind the potty and get caught before I can pull the cap thing off of the base.
Being picked up and taken away from an area I am exploring.
When Mommy doesn’t share her food.

3 Things I Don’t Understand
Why I can’t grab the stream of water poured from a cup.
How to fall asleep by myself.
Why I’m not allowed to push through the screen door

3 Things On My Desk/Table
Car puzzle
Geo Trio
Nesting cups

3 Things I’m Doing Right Now
Sleeping.
Sweating.
Plotting my next potty escape…or my next waking.

3 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
Mommy’s not even willing to discuss me in the same sentence with that word so I guess we have to skip it.

3 Things I Can Do
Hammer – watch my video. I’m REALLY good at it.
Make mommy laugh.
Stand for a few seconds all by myself.



3 Ways to Describe My Personality
Contemplative
Joyful
Impatient, especially when it comes to people making my lunch too slowly.

3 Things I Can’t Do
More than I can list. Walking and talking are pretty high up there right now.

3 Things I Think You Should Listen To
I like songs with lots of drums.
Anyone who is saying “Bye bye.”
Mommy, but only if she is talking about nummies or trucks.

3 Things I Think You Should Never Listen To
Anyone saying the word “no.”
Babies that yell during playgroup.
Anyone saying there is “no biting.”

3 Absolute Favorite Foods
Toast with peanut butter
Grilled cheese…cheese of any kind
YoBaby yogurt - blueberry

3 Things I’d Like to Learn
How to catch the ball
How to catch the cats
How to read my books

3 Beverages I Drink Regularly
Milk from the nummies
Whole milk
Apple juice

3 Shows I Watched as a Kid
Teletubbies
Sesame Street
Lots of tennis, but I don’t pay much attention to it.

3 People I Tag
I want to tag all of Mommy’s friends that she thinks have one child. That way, if the mommies want their kid to have a meme, they don’t have to choose between their children. Or the mommies could do the meme about themselves. Or they don’t have to do it at all, and that’s ok, I won’t be offended. So I tag:
Eli
Gilly
Jack
bb
Boo
Baby A
Camden

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, Sam has such a one-track mind with those nummies. What a boy.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:46 AM  
Blogger KatieBug said...

Your boy is a great hammerer(is that a word?). Very cute. Congrats on winning friday flicks!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

Oh, this is such a great way to do a meme! I was all smiles.

The video of Sam hammering is priceless! I love the neutral look on his face as if he’s just thinking “get it done, get it done, get it done!”

I bet the cat was wondering why you were filming the baby and not him/her! It's funny how he/she tries to get into the shot.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

That video was so cute! That was a great way to do the meme, Jamie had an excellent idea!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Very nicely done!! You should save this so Sam has a memento of what he was into at this age... and Gray is really into pushing through the screen door, and picking at a tiny hole (or what USED to be a tiny hole) in the screen. Thanks for playing along!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I've heard of advanced babies but this one really takes the cake. :-)

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam is a hammering machine!!! We all know how great I am about doing Memes (I stink, I never get around to them!), but this one is so cute I may just get to it one day:)

7:56 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Love that video, Mrs. Speilberg. It's late so I was laughing on the inside. The hammering, oh the hammering. Makes me think I need to find that contraption for Miss A.

Love your cat.

Your husband is cute.

Stay tuned for Baby A's tag.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Cute, Beth!
I love the video, he was cracking Avery and me up (we watched it together) with that hammering. So focused on it!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

Very cute list! Yo baby yogurt is one of my little guy's favorites too.

1:56 AM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Gilly's post is done. She was excited to see her name on your blog. "Is dat wady talkin' bout ME?" :)

2:47 PM  
Blogger Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

he should join future carpenters of america! cute post!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A future Thor in the making :o)

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video made me howl, and fascinated my three year old. SO funny. Thanks to you, this meme made it all the way to me, and I just thought I'd follow it back to see the others.
Great job, and Sam has a great name! My littlest is a Sam too :)

8:41 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Let's make it 17!

Where did you get that hammering toy? That is great!!! I love it and I want one for Liam!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home