Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Mom Haircut is New and Improved

Welcome to my new look! This is what I get when I go to a book group that I've looked forward to all month and prepped for all day (mentally and psychologically), one of the only social events I have been able to attend since moving here, only to sit there by myself for 20 minutes until finally realizing no one else is coming. After coming home crying and declaring that absolutely nothing seems to work out in this city (recall all posts regarding the BIG MOVE and the one about how no mommies live here) Hubby offered to work on my site's look with me, something I have been making noises about for a month or so. He's so good to me. Of course, it also gave him a good excuse to avoid studying for the BAR exam...

I hope this new format is both easier to read and more reflective of my site's content. The Carol Brady thing was a little too kitschy, even for me. So please let me know what you honestly think, because I'm sure we'll have more nights when I have tried to be social and am thwarted, and Hubby will be looking for more ways to avoid his studies. Personally, I love it and intend to have beautiful dreams about my new blog tonight.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the profile pic:)
I am sure things will get better soon. Sometimes it seems like the bigger the city the harder it is to find specific things to do. Hang in there! I totally know where you're at right now (this is a little move, but before this I moved from Salt Lake City to Vancouver Island).
Jack turned two in April, he is getting so big so fast. My family is nagging me for more photos, so hopefully I get some up by the end of the week.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

I really like the new design. I'm moving over to Blogsome this weekend where Karli from Mom on a Wire designed something new for me.

Sorry about the book club. Could you write a little review here?

2:12 AM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Oh, I do like the new look, very much! And please do post about the book club.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it!

11:50 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

New design is beautiful. Love it.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I just love the new look!

I'm so sorry about the book club, that had to have been just awful!

12:20 PM  
Blogger scraphappymama said...

I LOVE your new look. I am so sorry about the book club. I went to a book club once and it was the host and me. Not ideal. What book did you read?!?!?

Also, noticed your side bar for The Kite Runner. I will add my own plug that I think it is a GREAT book.

Did I mention, I LOVE the new look. My site needs help. Too bad my hubby is more clueless than I when it comes to html, etc. No hope for me:)

1:42 PM  
Blogger Diana Mancuso said...

It looks wonderful! I absolutely love the header! And the overall design, it's just great!

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Beth,

This just is just gorgeous. It looks so professional and the pictures of Sam swinging... Wow!

I am totally jealous and need to enlist in my husbands help also. I am sick of the way my template looks.

Is there a number to call regarding the book club? Are they taking a summer break or something?

4:13 PM  
Blogger kate said...

well, what could be better than you little sam's face for the new look!?

it's great. i'll miss carol a little, but i bet i'll get over it.

maybe you could start a book club of your own? make a flyer and put it at the local bookstores and libraries?

or start a virtual one? i guess that doesn't help you make local friends, though. . .

chin up! i'm in the same boat--except a more pathetic one because i have lived here 3 yrs. and have really only one friend who i would call freind and not acquaintance. wait, now i'm crying in my keyboard. . .

4:53 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I really like the look of this. I need to have my DH tell me how to do the pics at the top. Any tips?

Hey, I've got you linked!

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home