Monday, June 26, 2006

Sorry, bad apples

Oh, it’s so very unfortunate, but alas I am sick. You may have noticed in the description of the 80’s Sunday video that I mention Sam has a bit of a fever. Well now he is ok, but I am under the weather. So I won’t really be writing today, but sipping tea instead. But I wanted to go ahead and mention it now so that tomorrow when some of you are asking me if I went to visit my good friends with the apple calves and the blank stares again, I’d have my excuse prepared. I am sick, see? So no, I can’t possibly go back to that class and haul buns through the park with my humungo stroller and humungo nummies. Just can’t. Must finish book instead. Must rest. Must regain strength and recover.

Ok, this is all a little too sarcastic sounding. I truly am legitimately ill – sore throat, stuffy nose, dizzy feeling, all that stuff. But I’ll be honest: I’m just fine with not having to make a decision about going back to that class tomorrow. I hadn’t decided yet what I was going to do. I think I was leaning toward going, which would mean that now I should be feeling some sort of disappointment. Can’t say that I do.

We’ll see if something happens to come up next week as well…

7 Comments:

Blogger Sugarmama said...

Sorry you're under the weather, but beware the convenient excuse to avoid exercise, if you don't mind a complete stranger saying so. Just this past Sunday, I had a firm talk with myself in the shower about how I REALLY need to stop avoiding exercise anymore. My littlest is definitely old enough to go to gym daycare if need be, and I DO have a husband who can be with the kids when I want to work out. How many times have I exercised this week? Exactly one, on the day that I swore I would. Since then it's been too hot, too rainy, I've had to make too many phone calls, too many errands. But mostly, I just suck. I mean, not that YOU suck, I'm just sayin'.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

It's good that you are resting, reading and sipping tea. And it's okay that you don't feel disappointed about not going. Anything that is worth doing is usually not something we look forward to doing. Example: Giving Birth. The results are fabulous. The work, not so much. Hope you are feeling better soon!!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I'll brew a kettle, too, and think of you :-) I had the 'sickness' over the weekend while dh was out of town. I hope you have missed out on the headache that went with this bug. {hugs}C

12:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better by now. Sometimes decisions are made for us!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! A bug has moved into our house as well... Get better and see if you are tempted to join the exercise group again. If not, try something different.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I hope you feel better soon! Its okay that you don't feel too disapointed. Its a new situation. But if its something you really want to do, don't give up on it. Maybe find a new way to work out, or a different group!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Ew, no fun! That class sounds interesting...and like something that I'd make up excuses to avoid as well!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home