Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pretending it's our back yard

After Sam's haircut we went to a place that is literally a one minute drive away. I find it amazing that we live in the boundaries of a city and are surrounded with what you see here. It's such a strange mix of urban, suburban, and rural so near each other. On the road to our apartment community there is an actual field with actual horses and actual cows. We drove by and smelled the cow smell just minutes from our place. It has been so long since I've breathed cow and trees and grass. It's nice. I'm not saying I'm settled - far from it. But on a day like today I remember why we decided to leave Chicago on this new adventure.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to compliment my wife on her picture of the bridge. Excellent composition. It's photo-tastic!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

That is such a beautiful place! I love trees, water, green stuff all over. We don't have much of that here.

Sam is a beautiful baby.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Gorgeous pictures! You and Sam both look lovely! Whenever you are feeling low about the move, just look at those pictures and you'll feel better.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

It looks like such a pretty park!!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Drew N said...

Great blog posst

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home