Tuesday, May 16, 2006

"Goodbye Chicago," board book style

In the great windy city
There was a Picasso
and a park by Gehry
and a pizza that
was stuffed with pepperoni.
And there were Chicago Bears
and a tower called Sears
and lots of police
and buildings by Mies
and pretty street blocks
and a team with white Sox
and the Cubs
and the El
and a Beluga whale
and a bad old governor who was going to jail

Goodbye City
Goodbye pepperoni
Goodbye pizza stuffed with pepperoni
Goodbye schools and the park by Gehry
Goodbye Bears, goodbye Sears
Goodbye police and goodbye Mies
Goodbye river bends and goodbye great friends
Goodbye pretty blocks and goodbye Sox
Goodbye Cubs and goodbye El
Goodbye everybody, goodbye whale
And goodbye to the old Governor going to jail
Goodbye park, goodbye Drake
Goodbye city by the lake.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Aaawww, that's wonderful!

Have a safe and peaceful move :-)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moving is so hard and so exciting at the same time. I am sure you will find all sorts of new things to love :) (My doula was excellent, and such a big help since I had no family around. That's why I decided to pursue it :) I'm glad you had a good experience with yours too!)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Brooke said...

Hey, hope you get settled in soon.

Do you need an illustrator for this book? I have a cousin...

I need to read up on this governor. I'm so out of touch.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

I am SO sorry I haven't been here in a while. I hope you noticed. I hope you have a fabulous move. Happy trails! (Blowing kisses!)

12:32 AM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Good luck with the move! can't wait till you are back again!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

So clever!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home