Saturday, June 03, 2006

80's Sunday, That's My Fun Day

Congratulations to Kep KEP for correctly identifying Poison’s “Talk Dirty To Me” as last week’s 80’s tune. Poison: an excellent hair band with some very special lyrics and lovely attire.

And also let us recognize Kate kate for her outstanding identification of the previous week’s Kim Wilde song. But let’s not forget Linsey, who was able to actually quote the chorus of the song without placing the actual name or artist (but you were right, Ms. Wilde also did “Kids in America”). Good job to both of you and I am very sorry you did not get proper recognition for your joint effort last week – those of you that have been reading know why. ANYWAY, it’s good to be back and here we go with another 80’s Sunday, That’s My Fun Day Challenge, and I'm feeling pretty generous so you'd better hope you get here first.

Below are the lyrics to a popular 80’s song. Without using the internet as a resource, guess the song and artist and name them in your comment. First to do so correctly wins. Enjoy!

Standing on your momma's porch
You told me it'd last forever
Oh and when you held my hand
I knew that it was now or never

And thanks to Mama D, who gave me the idea to post the profile pictures of the 80's Sunday winner (actually I stole the idea and didn't even ask). She does an awesome new 80's movie quote game on Fridays called "Say What?" I have big plans to win.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer of 69' Brian Adams? Woohoo! That's right, right?

11:07 AM  
Blogger kate said...

i'm out. it's so hard w/o a tune!
i bet katie is right, though.

11:52 AM  
Blogger scraphappymama said...

I am with Katie . . Summer of '69

3:20 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Katie beat me to it..damn..

7:23 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

That was actually one I could have gotten! After all, I am Canadian. Beth you don't have to ask to use my awesome ideas. Besides, I stole the idea from Her Majesty's Throne! Thanks for plugging my game! You're totally going to win.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Brooke said...

just..too..slow. You seem more chipper today.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home