Sunday, June 11, 2006

80's Sunday, That's My Fun Day

Winner Katie's Little Potato...



Congratulations to Katie for correctly guessing last week’s 80’s tune. Really I am congratulating her on being speedy, because as I mentioned I was feeling pretty generous – Bryan Adams? Summer of ’69? Yeah, pretty generous. But Katie had this nailed within an hour of posting. Way to stay on top of it!

So now we move on to something only slightly more difficult. I know it is hard to guess these with no music, so I am trying to be fair. I am going to experiment with a new way of posting The Challenge next week. It will have real music, real video, and real live baby, so get ready to be wowed; Sam is preparing to DANCE. Until then, please accept my apologies and go here to be thoroughly entertained by one of my favorite lip syncing videos.

Below are the lyrics to a popular 80’s song. Without using the internet as a resource, guess the song and artist and name them in your comment. First to do so correctly wins. I will post the winner next Sunday, link to their site, and attempt to show their profile picture. In the meantime I will respond in the comments at some point to let you know we have a winner. Enjoy!

I feel fine and I feel good
I’m feeling like I never should
Whenever I get this way
I just don’t know what to say
Why can’t we be ourselves like we were yesterday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this one! Is it bad form to post my answer? Maybe I will wait a bit! I get to go online for a bit Sunday mornings since Piers is around, that's how I got it so quick before!

11:06 AM  
Blogger beth said...

Katie, that's very nice of you to wait. I think you're right, you and I are some of the only ones here on Sunday mornings. I was going to wait and post this afternoon but I saw this Blogger notice about an outage so I thought I should get it up there while I had the chance. In the future I'll probably post after 1:00pm. Be sure to go back and look at the video link I just added when you return.

11:20 AM  
Blogger kate said...

man, i'm totally stumped again! i can't believe it. i pride myself on my 80s knowledge. my husband loves to show me off at parties. yes, it is sad. . .

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I like the Frente version of that song. That video made Jack dance like crazy Beth!

6:16 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

I'm late anyway, but this one was right on the tip of my tongue. I know the tune, I could sing the rest of the song, and I realized when I read the comments that I never DID know the name of it until now. So there's no way I could have won. But I learned something new. :)

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home