Friday, June 30, 2006

Having Fun With Boys - You know what I mean

Raising a little boy is so...strange. Sam's moods are so fleeting and extreme. One moment he is grunting and yelling at his truck that will not stay up on the couch when he puts it there, screaming and turning red in the face in aggressive frustration. The next he is head butting me with his mouth wide open for a kiss, he lays his head on my leg and smiles as I rub his ears while he whispers sweet nothings, aka babble, to my lap. I think I'm in for it. He's got me right where he wants me. Is it wrong to believe I have the sweetest baby imaginable? The best? Because I do...believe that, I mean.

Here are some highlights from the zoo today, the highlight being the ice cream. This is not unlike the face he makes for that kiss.


My two boys.


And for the five of you that care, we'll be headed to the in-laws for the 4th so there won't be an 80's Sunday this week. We'll pick up where we left off next week.

Happy weekend and Happy 4th!

8 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Boys are great- it gets even better. Boys will always want to give their Mamas big kisses (I hope) and I love it when during an awards show a celebrity or athlete always says, "Hi mom!" or "I want to thank my mom..." or "I love you mom!" oh, that just melts my heart! My boys will do that someday!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Sugarmama said...

I've heard about the mama-boy bond, but have yet to experience it as the mother of 2 girls. Maybe the 3rd will be a boy and I can enjoy the mutual adulation, too.

Nice new site look, by the way. I'm just getting caught up on my blog reading and yours looks new and improved.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I just love having a baby boy! So much so that if I ever have another one (big if) I wouldn't mind having another boy!

I just loved those pics of Sam eating that ice cream! I'm glad you guys had a good trip to the zoo!

Have a good trip to the in-laws! Maybe you and your hubby will get a chance to see a movie!

1:51 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Have a good trip, be safe! :)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Can't wait for ice cream, such cute pictures of your guys together.
Thanks for the link, I linked you back - love your blog :)

4:03 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I have girls only so I don't totally relate, but if you want to talk about dress-up and make-up, I am your woman!!!

The zoo looked like fun.

Thanks for your info about the header. I am going to try something spiffy.

I can however relate to the in-laws, I have to spend a good part of the week with them. Oy-vey!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

It's so fun to se another longish blonde curled baby boy out there! I have yet to give my 20 mo. old the trim... I just love the baby curls and once they come off, they are suddenly grown up!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Boys are fun! I love my Little Boy!

The open mouth pictures are absolutely adorable!

Love the new site look!

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home