Tuesday, July 25, 2006

He Got It

Well, Sam caught this horrible thing that I have. He came down with a fever yesterday, along with some pukiness, potentially a stuffy nose (hard to tell with a non-verbal baby), and a whole lot of miserable. He had an awful time sleeping last night and ended up in the bed with me for most of the night - just like when he was very little. It was kind of nice. I'll always wish the co-sleeping had worked out for us better than it had.

Today Hubby is taking his first day of the Bar exam (go Hubby!). This proves it was a good thing for us to come out to my parents' afterall. As hard as it is to be away from home and away from him with both of us sick, it would have been horrible for him to have this to deal with on top of the exam.

The plan is still for us to head home tomorrow. Remember I mentioned I should fear the trip home with every fiber of my being? Yeah, let's add a fever on top of that. Those horse tranquilizers are looking pretty good. Of course it could be worse. I could be writing essays about law for 8 hours each day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ohhhhhh, my heart goes out to you both and here's to a speedy recovery! I flew home while my daughter was teething once and it is an experience I'd prefer to forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

I am so sorry. The worst part about being a mom is when they get sick. Maybe you will luck out and he will sleep most of the trip.

(((hugs)))

12:56 PM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I'm so sorry that you both are sick with a return flight home coming up! I really hope that you guys get better really fast!!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I hope he is feeling a bit better tomorrow. I have done many flights with Jack on my own and it can be hard. When he was still breastfeeding I would feed him the wwhole time, maybe Sam could too? Good luck! (and good luck to your husband, how exciting!)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Get better both of you. I hope you both fall unconscious as the plane is taking off and don't wake up until the plane has landed. Woo! Go Hubby!

You guys are going to have such a great homecoming! I know it!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Well, good luck Beth! Hope you both feel better, how miserable.
And good luck to hubby too, a very exciting time for him!!

1:29 AM  
Blogger KatieBug said...

Poor Honeys. Hope you both feel better soon!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

ugh! sorry! hope everyone feels better soon!!!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home