Thursday, July 27, 2006

Ah Mazing


Well, we flew home late yesterday afternoon. Sam. Was. Awesome. I can't believe it. Somehow he woke up without a fever that morning. Our flight was on time. We got there at the perfect time. My parents watched him as he crawled around the airport for a while as I stood in the bathroom chanting my mantra: "You can do this. It will be over soon. You can do this. It will be over soon." You'd think I was in labor. We stayed with my parents as long as possible and then went through security, arriving at the gate just as they started to board. I was worried about not having a seat next to us, and truthfully the woman next to me did not seem interested in moving to an empty seat (was she insane? My parents say it's a Southern manners thing). But right before take off the flight attendant came and told me we could move to the front - that's right, the front row! Where there's room for Sam to stand and play on the chair like it's a table. Two empty seats in front and they were mine, all mine...all right, ours, all ours! And Sam was great. The one lone guy across from us was great, giving Sam high fives at the end of the flight, which I guess will have to suffice for the deserved applause.

And now everything we were dreading is done. No more airline travel. Sam is getting over this cold thing, as am I. And Hubby has completed the Bar Exam. Today is our 3 year anniversary. We leave for the beach on Saturday, or, as people say here on the east coast we are "goin' down the shore." Everything is good.

Here are some highlight photos from our trip - all taken before the illness hit him. All in all I think it was a pretty good time.

He loved the swing Grampy put up for him...

He loved the corn on the cob Grammy made for him...

And he loved his little wading pool...

19 Comments:

Blogger KatieBug said...

Yeah Sam!!! Clap clap clap clap clap!!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

So happy for you that the travel went smoothly.
That first picture of Sam in his pool simply couldn't be cuter.

2:49 PM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I'm so happy for you! Everything just seemed to fall into place for you!

Sam is just a little cutie! I love his blond curls!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Alicia said...

Gosh that Sam is so stinkin' cute!!

I'm glad he's feeling better and that your flight went fabulously!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Great photos! Aren't you psyched to add this notch to your mommy belt of accomplishments? I hereby award you the badge of "took an airplane trip with baby and survived!"!

Have fun at the beach and Happy Anniversary, C

4:29 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

That first photo is amazing! I just love his blonde curls. I hope you are printing these out for his scrapbook :)

What a relief that you made it home, are all healthy again and that your hubby is done with the Bar! If you can fly with a child at Sam's age, airline travel will be a breeze from here on out. Well, maybe not exactly, but you certainly survived the worst of it. :)

4:56 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

Beth,

You SOOOO deserve this kind of wonderful.

Happy Anniversary!!!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad the flight went well! I was watching a show on the Discovery Channel re: flights with kids and it left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm flying home to Canada for Christmas a week before Hunky Hubby and I have been dreading it for months. Good to know there's at least some hope. :-)

Welcome back!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Alli said...

so glad to hear it went better than expected!! What a relief!! :)

8:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, what a relief for you!
Looks like Sam had a pretty excellent trip, love the pics :)

10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats for everything!! The aniversary, hubby finishing the Bar, Sam's awesome performance. He's a cutie.

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam is such a cutie. So glad the flight went well. I have been that person saying sorry to the person ahead of us as my child won't stop kicking the back of the chair....So fun.

12:51 AM  
Blogger scraphappymama said...

Cutest pictures ever of Sam in the wading pool. Congrats on the flight going well. I must brave that soon with two kids end of Augst. Better start psyching myself now. LOL

Happy anniversary!!

11:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats on the good ride home! Eli seems to do well on teh way TO any destination, whether it be by car or plane, but the ride home is always less plesant. Your experience home gives me hope for our next plane trip in September!

12:06 PM  
Blogger kate said...

i'm so glad it went well for you!
see, good things CAN happen on an airplane!

12:22 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

So glad to hear everything went awesome. (I do believe I told you it would. I am so smart...and annoying...)

Those pictures are SO FREAKIN' CUTE!! Man...


Yay for the bar exam being over. Congratulations Hubby...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you have an absolutely fantastic one! You both deserve it like crazy!

2:31 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

What a sweetie! Nothing says success like when a child happily sits/plays through a flight. Way to go Sam!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Applause from me for sure! You never know what it's going to be like for little people on planes. Our guy did way better than I thought too!

Great photos! What a cute kiddo!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home