Thursday, December 14, 2006

I know, I know

I've been a totally bad blogger lately. I'm bad about posting, bad about commenting. I haven't written a seriously thoughtful post in...I dunno, have any been thoughtful? There was a day when I was all reflective and stuff, and that day seems to have passed. I do have some post ideas in mind for some time soon - a response to the article in Mothering about toy guns and violence, more thoughts on mom cliques and middle school behavior among the best of us, but I'm just not feelin' it today...maybe tomorrow. We've just got a lot going on over here. We might be making an offer on a house on Saturday, which is really exciting and scary. The house search has been time and energy consuming. Hubby's got a case in court right now and has been coming home so late sometimes that he doesn't even get to see Sam for the whole day, which is sad for him and killer for me. Sam and I hosted out first play group today which made me a crazy, cleaning, baking freak for the past 4 days. And there's more too. Want a hint?

The other day for lunch I made myself an entire crab dip thing - the one with a layer of cream cheese and then a layer of cocktail sauce mixed with crab and shrimp; it takes up an entire large plate. I ate over half of it with crackers in one sitting and was hungry again a few hours later.

******edited to add another hint:

Oh yeah, I cried during Sesame Street yesterday when Ernie sang the song about how he'd like to visit the moon.

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Are we supposed to guess at this hint???

I'd love to hear your take on that Mothering kids & guns article!!

2:12 PM  
Blogger beth said...

You certainly may guess, as long as your guess is not something like, "What, isn't that pretty normal for you?"

2:19 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

wow, you do have a lot going on. I wouldn't say you are a bad blogger at all! Blogging is supposed to be fun, not another stress in your life.

I'm drooling about the crab dip! Too bad you can't share over the internet. Though, you'd see some pretty bad mommy behavior as we all scrambled and screamedm "Mine!" (hey, we learn from the best of them ;) )

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

Oops...hit enter too soon... as for my guess...

I can totally see eating an entire plate of crab dip myself in one sitting. Being hungry a few hours later? I'm guessing there must be two pink lines involved. (no, I'm not talking the markings on the crab or shrimp, either)

How exciting! (and if I'm wrong...either you need to share your crab dip recipe with us because it has to be REALLY good or it's stress-related eating which I can totaly relate to but have no advice on :) )

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth are you really pregnant? Because if you are that makes me feel less terrified finally getting pregnant again too. Somehow the thought of us being pregnant at the same time is comforting. (You too Lynanne but I think I may be too late)

I appreciate the comments when I get them. Don't worry about the blogging world. We'll understand. Especially if you are busy eating crap dip. That's totally a good reason!

(Mama D) (hates blogger)

3:27 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

that son is one of my faves... there is a book, too. i sing it to my kids all the time!

and mmmm, crab dip.

:P

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is the same as the others...and, please share the recipe (when you have time!). If the guesses are true, congrats to all of you!!
(Kellie: jandksgirl.blogspot.com)

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Oh Beth, how exciting!! Congrats to you (if we've guessed correctly!) I love the hints.

And I love that song Ernie sings too.
Hope you're feeling good.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can it be? Sam is going to be a big brother? That would be very sweet!
Can't wait to find out if it's true...
- Jamie @ All Things Avery (also fighting with blogger)

5:41 PM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Dude, I totally thought "Pregnant!" But that moon song is a tear-jerker...

And crab dip is QUITE yummy.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Are you with child? That song kills me, every time, and I'm not pregnant, I hope.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, lets be clear I AM Not pregnant. But I could be in the very near future. Which would mean we both would be.

(Mama D)

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, is it wrong that I was salivating over the description of the crab dip?

9:43 PM  
Blogger AmyJane said...

Yay! Congrats?!?! I assume you decided on this, or was it decided for you? :) That's great news....I cry over Sesame Street songs pretty much all the time. I don't think the hormones every really subsided post preg for me! Good luck!

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house and if you're pregnant from me as well!

I cried at everything when I was pregnant.

9:19 AM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Yeah, house and new baby? How exciting for you!!1

10:02 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Well, congrats. I didn't want to say it originally in case I was way off... that's awesome! Woo Hoo!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Goslyn said...

Oh, I hope big congratulations are in order, Beth. Sam will be a great big brother.

Hope your first trimester goes very smoothly. Although, if you can eat crab dip you must be doing all right, after all.

Yay for babies!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! oops- gotta go- Xav's playing in the dog food. Seriously :)

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That moon song is beautiful. And that crab dip is irresistable. Total normal behaviors even if you're not pregnant. Right?

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home