Thursday, December 21, 2006

All I want for Christmas is...

A BIG NAP. Can I just take a 6 six hour nap? Man, SO tired. My exhaustion is so far the only sign that I am pregnant...well, I guess that's not exactly true. Is it possible that I already look pregnant? Because seriously, my tummy already looks swollen. And it has that sort of sensitive full feeling so that I don't want anything to touch it, including my pants. I know you show earlier with your second but this seems mighty impossible. Maybe I'm carrying a food baby...

Anyway, I've been trying to nap whenever Sam does so that I can FUNCTION, hence my blogging absence. Nap time used to be post and comment time so I'm going to have to come up with some sort of alternate plan for that. That plan may have to go into effect after the holidays though seeing as everything is crazy with getting ready to travel and stuff. I hope you all out there are doing well and if I'm not back before then - Merry Christmas. I hope you all have a great one. Looking forward to seeing pics and video of the kiddies going crazy.

And just let me take a moment to say that I've missed you in my absence. I look forward to being more regular in my reading and writing in the new year because the relationships we have are very important to me. As I've said before, internet friendships are surprisingly real. I speak of you to my husband on a first name basis as I do any of my in person friends, and I think it's great. Starting a blog was one of the best things I have done as a mom, and it is because I have found all of you and your support, your humor, your stories, your comments and emails, they all keep me going. So thank you all for opening your minds to a relationship in which we've never actually met, because our friendship is real be it face to face or not.

Merry Chrismas and Happy New Year.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Beth! Get all the rest and good food you can :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger scraphappymama said...

I'm a little behind on the reading and posting too (though not pregnant). Anyway, just wanted to say Congratulations and hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Merry Christmas to you my friend! You always put things into words so much better than I ever can. I mirror the feelings in your last paragraph.

Hope you have a fabulous Christmas!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I was super tired when I was pregnant too, it's hard work growing babies!
Rest up now, because, well you know what happens when baby comes.

You said it so well, about blogging friends being friends nonetheless. It's really a unique thing and one that I never expected.
So Merry Christmas, my friend, I hope it's a restful one for you.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Jenifer said...

Oh boy how I remember pregnancy exhaustion....blech!

I used to think that taking care of a 2 year old and a newborn was going to be easier than taking care of a 2 year old while pregnant because I was so darned tired and sore........ HA!

I was wrong... enjoy it now and nap while you can. I find it impossible to get both kids to nap at the same time.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Beck said...

Merry Christmas to you! I think I was showing five minutes into my second pregnancy, so you're normal there. Nap! Nap all you can! Blogging will wait.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your feelings on blogging friends. I feel the same way. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. Get some rest (if you can).

8:50 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

Merry Christmas Beth to you and your family. May it be filled with love and laughter ... and the occassional nap too. :)

I felt that swollen, make sure nothing touches my tummy too. For the longest time, I looked "thick" as the belly didn't actually pop out until around 15/16 weeks.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Rest when you can- YES! Oh, and my last pregnancy- seriously- I was wearing maternity pants within the first month. I swear I was showing by 4 weeks along!

11:09 AM  
Blogger mamashine said...

I was in maternity pants at seven weeks for just that reason. Didn't want anything to touch me. And when you have to slide your pants down below the belly, it's REALLY HARD to find a shirt long enough to cover everything.

And ditto to everything you said about blogging. :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

It's been 11 months since I had Laurel, and I still fit in maternity clothes. Not good at all.

I feel exactly the same about blogging friendships. Definitely helps make my world a little smaller and a LOT nicer. Happy holidays, Beth!

7:07 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, exhaustion. Better than nausea? Hmmm... MAybe.

Merry Christmas! Have you told the families yet?

8:56 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I feel the same way, I love my bloggy buddies, and I feel bad that I haven't been able to post/comment as much. I think that all will get better after the holidays.

I hope that you get that nap. I've never been as tired as I was when I was pregnant, so I feel your pain. It will get better, I promise.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Merry Christmas! I remember feeling the same way exactly one year ago... all I wanted for Christmas was SLEEP! My thoughts are with you...

10:19 PM  
Blogger Staci said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That is so exciting!

Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

p.s. sleep now!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sugarmama said...

Hey, I missed this announcement when you made it. Congratulations! I second the swimming advice for coping with summer pregnancy. My first was born in mid-July, ten days late in damn hot NC. For the second, I made a point of trying for a spring baby.

Woo-hoo!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

CONGRATS! That is great news Beth. I can't wait for Sam to have a little brother or sister! He will be a darling big brother!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Congratulations!

I was due in late July, and the biggest hassle is that you can't buy any fall/winter clothing for babies until the very end of July. I ended up with tons of summer dresses and nothing for the baby to wear when the weather got colder.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home