Monday, October 02, 2006

Rockin' out


So we took Sam to his first concert this past weekend. It was a free concert at the zoo and one of our favorite bands happened to be playing, Lunch Money. Sam really likes their CD and I'll admit, it is not offensive to the parental ear...ok, so really I like a few of their songs. So although we'd really be pushing nap time we ultimately decided it was worth the trip. Hubby and I recognized that we would probably enjoy the concert a lot more than Sam would, but how can you turn down a free concert at a place where you have a membership, making the whole thing free, free, free?

Well, we were totally wrong - Sam loved it. As soon as they started playing music he was dancing. I so wish we had the video camera because the pictures just don't do his moves justice. It was cute, really cute. When they were having the kids all jump during a song Sam tried to jump by going up on his toes over and over again. I have to admit I got a little misty from all the cuteness going around. I was really glad we went - very worth pushing back the nap a bit.

Clapping for the band...while eating a cracker...and sitting in goose poo.


This is his head bopping move, in which he bops his head to and fro while keeping the rest of his body totally rigid.


Waving back and forth move, in which he sways from side to side.


Squatting move, in which he stands immobile and bends his legs repeatedly.


Carefully approaching the stage.



Yes, I realize these pictures all look exactly the same. I told you, we didn't bring the video camera! We suck!

12 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

I swear, we never use our video camera... it seems like a hassle, then I kick myself for not have clips of my son longer than 60 seconds (in which the dig cam covers).

Great photos! What a sweetie pie!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Cristina said...

All I can see is that hair. That beautiful, blond curly hair! He is SO adorable.

2:22 AM  
Blogger kate said...

so fun!!!! i would love to do something like that with bb. i'm glad he had a good time!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Lei said...

looks like such fun!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Such a freaking cutie! I love to watch them dance at this age!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Valarie said...

how fun! You can still tell it was a great time.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Adorable. Yeah, I would have been kicking myself about the video camera thing too!

Glad you had a good time!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Your pics look awesome. Wish we had something like that closer to us. I love Sam's hair!!!!!

10:12 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Sounds like a great day!! I'm glad he loved the music, you know I think that's important! ;-)

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you just need to get him a guitar and he will be on his way! Very cute pics :)

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is AWESOME! Hailey would have loved it.

But no mosh pit?

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the bopping move. My 1-year old does it, especially when we're watching Dancing with the Stars.

My 3-year old does it, too. His version is to bop his head and butt.

Then he passes gas.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home