Sunday, September 17, 2006

The Great Escape

I mentioned before that my parents were coming this weekend. I also mentioned my big plans to bail on them and my son so that Hubby and I could get some much needed going out time. Since we're still new here we pretty much have no one to watch Sam so that we can get away, so having this opportunity presents some much needed and long awaited date time.

We saw Little Miss Sunshine yesterday - really very good. I realize I've seen like 3 movies since Sam was born over a year ago, but I'm pretty sure it was very good despite my desperate, biased excitement over just seeing any movie at all. I actually laughed out loud several times, which is rare for me at a movie. Great characters, great acting - definately worth a spot on your Netflix queue ( I can't believe that word is actually spelled that way...it's so strange to type). And speaking of Steve Carell, can I just say I am ridiculously excited about the new season of the Office starting this week? We've been gearing up for it by watching episodes from the previous seasons. Hubby and I actually fell asleep last night whispering in bed about what we think will happen with Jim and Pam, which, as always, results in me having dreams about Jim (Hubby knows. He's ok with it. He has a crush on Pam too) and then whenever I wake up I find I am still thinking about what will happen Thursday. I'm obsessed. I have never been like this over a TV show. Ever. I'll probably write about it AGAIN before next Thursday because I think about it SO MUCH. Lame, and yet I care not. Now back to the topic at hand...

Today I got to shower for more than 3 and 1/2 minutes while I had 3 other people there to watch Sam. I even shaved my legs because, that's right, tonight we are going out to dinner, just the two of us. We're going somewhere that we could never take Sam, we will spend lots of money we don't have, we will gorge ourselves on food while it is still hot, and I will wear a skirt and perhaps even a necklace. It is unseasonably hot here today, supposed to get up to 85 or so. We plan to bid farewell to the summer in style, hopefully sitting out on a patio of some fancy schmancy restaurant and eating multiple courses. Bon appetit.

20 Comments:

Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Oh, how wonderful! I love special dates like that! I hope you enjoyed it.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Beth I hope you have an absolutely fabulous time. You totally deserve it. Enjoy. Every. Second.

I want to see Little Miss Sunshine also and I trust your taste implicitly. So whenever we get a chance (probably on video) we'll see it.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Aren't grandparents the best! I love it when my parents come to town for the very same reason. Have a fun time.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You know it's special when you are going to wear a necklace. Enjoy your evening with hubby, it sounds perfect.

p.s. you cracked me up with The Office. I have not watched it before, totally missed out, I know.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I hope you guys have a great time out! I envy you! The Office totally cracks me up too!

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, that whole second paragraph is me. We saw that movie on our anniversary date last month and I about died laughing. I am so very ecited for the new season of the office AND Grey's Anatomy! Pam should totally go for Jim, he is so sweet!
Hope you get a good break this week, enjoy it.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Eating while the food is still hot......very exciting!! I hope you have a great time.

I love The Office too!! Every time I see the preview for the season premiere I nearly squeal with excitement. I can't believe he actually kissed her!!

11:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

i have seen 2 movies in a theater since my son was born 2 1/2 years ago. my husband and i went out to eat for our anniversary while the 15 year old watched the 2 year old - we went, ate, smooched a little, and were back at the house in an hour and fifteen minutes, because he had homework to do. ahh, the love life of a mother.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

So? How did the dinner go? Did you at least enjoy each other for an hour before you got that yearning to get back home to Sam?

My husband and I have been out on 2 dinners since having my son (2 yrs ago) and both dinners lasted just over an hour. We both got so extremely excited to get back home and be with him. So much for the romance. :)

3:04 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I really want to see Little Miss Sunshine too...but as parents, we haven't gone to any movie without the boys in eons. Maybe someday...

I hope your dinner was great!!!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't know what I would do without my in-laws close by. There is something to be said about getting a much-needed break whenever you need it!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Valarie said...

that sounds so incredibly fabulous. I don't even know where we would go, it's been so long since we went out like that. Was it all you had hoped for?

10:48 PM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

It's amazing how your entertainment goes south after having a baby. It sounds fabulous! What is a necklace?

1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your dinner was fun! I know the beauty of putting on a skirt and *gasp* jewelry.

Oh, for the chance to wear a necklace in public! What? You had MATCHING EARRINGS? You are just too much.

:)

12:10 PM  
Blogger Lei said...

oh wow - have a blast! order 2 desserts! lol!

4:41 PM  
Blogger Deannna - Younique Presenter said...

I love date nights! It is a must for any marriage. And I guess I should check out this "office" show everyone keeps talking about. I feel like I live in another country or something....OH wait!!

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have such a thing for Jim.

I totally want to stalk him.

1:49 PM  
Blogger scraphappymama said...

Hope you had a great time on "Date Night." It's the best to have Gma & Gpa around to watch the kids - comforting to know they are in good hands.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

I totally loved Little Miss Sunshine, too. Great movie. Necklace? I remember wearing one of those things once upon a time. Oh how fun, enjoy!

5:19 PM  
Blogger Mamacita Tina said...

BTW: When things go wrong, I remind my husband, at least we don't have to push the van.

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home