Thursday, September 28, 2006

Words of Thanks

Thank you for your support after the incident the other day. I feel much better about it after having some time to settle down, seeing Sam is totally fine, hearing your war stories of toddlerhood, and meeting another mom at the playground who said that her daughter did the exact same thing when she was Sam's age - same bridge, falling under that bar while she stood there and watched, only she wasn't holding another baby. So thank you again, all you little bloggy ladies. It's good to know I can come here and share my incompetencies and be told what a good mom I am. I wonder what I'll have to do to actually get one of you to say, "Oh man, you did that?! You must really suck at this."

And here are some other words of gratitude I have mumbled today:

"Oh, thank you for wiping your face so nicely on my butt, Sam. Now YOUR cheeks are so clean and nice!"

"Are you helping mommy by cleaning the top of the toilet with mommy's blush brush?...Thank you!?"

"No, your mouth is full so you need to swallow those crackers before you get a bite of my lunch...or you could just open your mouth and scrape out the chewed up crackers and drop them on the floor. Yes, your mouth is empty now. Thank you for reminding me that there are always multiple solutions to a problem."

8 Comments:

Blogger kate said...

HAAAA!!!
isn't it so funny what they teach us? problem solving the toddler way 101.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lynanne said...

Oh too funny! You always crack me up!

I started to respond to your post the other day but so many people said it better than I could. I can almost bet that this wont be the last time that something like this happens. Unless of course you want to invest in a endless supply of bubble wrap ;)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I had a similar moment yesterday when I had to put Avery down so I could use the bathroom and I sat there helplessly as she scrubbed the bathroom floor with her tooth brush.

Sorry about your blush brush. :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger Rachelle said...

Ok, I just totally burst out laughing. The last one is so something Cam does on a regular basis!

1:23 PM  
Blogger smart mama said...

oh yes I have an ultra creative problem solver at the moment- my contact solution can double as a great water gun-

9:31 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

Saying you suck at this? Not gonna happen.

12:00 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

You are doing just fine! I love the last 3 quotes... TOO FUNNY! Such helpful little bugs...

12:44 AM  
Blogger tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Ah yes... The falls. BTDT Glad you've both survived. Poor Mommy!

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home