Thursday, October 26, 2006

Little quiz for ya:

Here's a little quiz for your Thursday enjoyment. See if you can answer the following.

1) Remember I mentioned I was going to be writing a book? Well I've been doing some planning for it, outlining plot and such, and also choosing character names. After long, long consideration I decided on the two names for the main characters, who will end up in a relationship for most of the book. So I wanted the names to not only fit what I envision for each character but also work well together. When I finally chose them I was very pleased with myself and promptly wrote an email to Hubby listing the character names, but as soon as I wrote them next to each other I realized why I thought they sounded so good together, as well as why I can't use them. The names were Lil and James. Why can't I use them?

2) What do you think this is?


I'll give you a hint about where we were to help you out.

What is he pointing at? That one's hypothetical - I have no idea.

3) This is related to number 1. What was the name of a fairly jockish and popular but nice guy in your middle school or high school? I don't want the name of the jack ass who thought he was too cool for school. I want the name of the down to earth guy that seemed to get along with most everyone and was genuinely kind to even the people that weren't jocks or popular or whatever. See how I use you all?

22 Comments:

Blogger Valarie said...

1. will they have a child named Harry?

2. some form of fried dough with powdered sugar. I'd probably eat it.

3. Kevin and Scott fit that description. of course, the jack-ass? also named Scott.

2:14 PM  
Blogger beth said...

But what is inside the fried dough? Mwahaha! And yes, I did eat it.

2:27 PM  
Blogger jen said...

only answering #3 but--- came here after seeing a link on another blog---
Here are a few names:
-Jay (who actually is my husband but, he didn't go to my high school but he was that guy)
-Will
-Todd

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael ... always a good name.

(Okay. I'm being narcissistic here.)

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

4:00 PM  
Blogger mamashine said...

Oh yeah, Harry Potter. I didn't get the connection till I read the comments.

In my school the nice guys and most of the jackasses were all named Jason. Also a few Sals and Joeys. I grew up in Jersey. :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Chicky Chicky Baby said...

I have no idea what the answer is to the first one. As for the last question -

Greg

I had a big crush on a jock named Greg who had Tom Brady (Patriots quarterback) good looks. Really, the guy ended up being a male model. He was tall and lean and yummy-licious.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Beck said...

Whoa, the first one went way over my head until I read the comments. And the nice jock was named Shane (never Sean) or possibly Jay.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

1. I have no idea.
2. Something yummy and full of calories. :) Does it have pumpkin filling per chance? And Sam must be pointing at the Great Pumpkin.
3. Kevin (just a coincidence that that is my husband's name, although he is the all-around nice guy) or Andrew. I agree with Kelli on the Jason.

9:07 PM  
Blogger AmyJane said...

I knew a guy like that named Colin (he spelled it Callin, though). Good luck!

10:39 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Sheesh. I can't remember people I met yesterday, let alone in high school.

But I'll try to think and come back.

PS I knew Harry. I did.

11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they blueberry scones? Whatever they are, they look delicious.

Steve and Shaun.

11:59 PM  
Blogger Mama D said...

It looks like blueberry filling. Pumpkin blueberry icing sugared blobs.

Here are some names Robbie. Steven. Craig.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Chocolate? Chocolate is a good filling. Jock names in school of genuinely nice guys- the cutest & nicest of all was Zack. Damon & Erik were very nice, too.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

#1 seems to have been figured out! #2, pumpkin scones? I have nop idea, but they are covered in powdered sugar so I want them :) #3, some guy named Chris, not too exciting, but that was his name!

11:11 AM  
Blogger T.S. Eliot said...

Lee, Jonathan

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ed or Bob-- No one has suggested those.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

The cool, down-to-earth jocks in my old school: Zack, Jon, Tyson, and Travis.

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My down-to-earth jocks: Harvey, Bret, Mike, Scott.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Pat Day was that genuine guy who everyone got along with.

Looks like pumpkin cream puffs with chocolate cream in there!

2:40 AM  
Blogger bon said...

Is that some sort of jam in the middle of yummy, bad-for-you, fried goodness?

since the first question has been covered I will address the last question. The best nice-guy-crush-licious that I can think of?... You don't wanna use his name. Gordon Seimans. Bummer, huh?

Options.
*Brett Carter
*Justin Glass
*Trey Beck (Yowza! He was more in the HS set... His name was actually some long William Attenborough Fredrick Yakkity Smakkity Beck the Third... but he went by Trey. Was the Validictorian and Harvard bound, but dropped out for four years first to do the GreenPeace thing.... yum!)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

they are fried oreos...YUM!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

oh and to answer number 3 his name was Morgan....he was super cool and all the girls liked him and he was friends with everyone....sigh...

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home